Boswellia Serrata Extract ®
Boswellia Serrata, commonly called Shallaki is a plant is known for anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties of Boswellic Acids derived from it. It is also a fragrant resin with wide use in incense and perfume manufacture. This resin has many pharmacological uses. The oleo-gum resin of Boswellia Serrata is a complex mixture of lower and higher terpenoids and carbohydrates. Higher Terpenoids, collectively called the Boswellic Acids are the major fraction of the resin (25-35%).
Boswellic Acid 65%-85%
Indication for use
Anti –inflammatory ,Arthritic conditions
Boswellia being an Indian herbal product is available abundantly in India and is mainly found in dry forests of Western and Central India. Boswellia is also called Indian Olibanum. People all over the world rely on this herb for a healthier living.
This extract can be consumed without any side effects. The gum of the plant is said to have high medicinal value and hence is used to prepare the extract. Gum resin extracts of the plant has been used since ancient times for the treatment of various diseases. The benefits are:
- Blocks the formation of leukotriene B4 by inhibiting (IC50 1.5 µm) 5-LOX; does not impair 12- LOX or COX activity.
- Inhibits topoisimerase activity
- Possess anticomplementary activity
- Treatment with Boswellic Acids may be particularly beneficial in the following disease conditions:
- Autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and encephalomyelitis
- Liver, colon, blood and skin cancer
- Brain tumors
- In perfumery, it is also known by its French name Franc Encens (high quality incense).