We have been Leading the manufacturing of standardised Botanical extracts in-house scientifically & sustainably since 30 years.Let’s talk
Published on 02 Mar 2023
What are Natural Food Colours?
Natural food colours are pigments derived from various plant, animal, or mineral sources that are used to enhance the appearance of food products. Natural food colours are considered safe and healthy, unlike synthetic food colours, which are chemically produced and may have negative health effects. Natural food colours are often preferred by consumers who are looking for healthier and more natural food products. They are also used in a variety of applications, including beverages, confectionery, and baked goods.
Benefits of Using Natural Food Colours
1. Safe and Healthy: Natural food colours are generally considered safe for human consumption and are less likely to cause adverse health effects compared to synthetic food colours. They are derived from plant, animal, or mineral sources and do not contain harmful chemicals.
2. Environmentally friendly: Natural food colours are derived from renewable and sustainable sources, making them more environmentally friendly than synthetic colours. The production of synthetic colours often involves the use of non-renewable resources and may generate harmful by-products.
3. Cost-effective: While natural food colours may be slightly more expensive than synthetic colours, they are often more cost-effective in the long run. This is because they can be used in smaller quantities to achieve the desired color intensity, and they also have a longer shelf life.
4. Versatile: Natural food colours are available in a wide range of colours and can be used in a variety of food products, including baked goods, confectionery, beverages, and dairy products.
5. Enhance nutritional value: Natural food colours are often sourced from fruits, vegetables, and other plant-based sources, which may contain vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can enhance the nutritional value of the food product.
Natural Food Colours Made Derived From
Carotenoids: Derived from fruits and vegetables such as carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkins, and tomatoes.
Anthocyanins: Derived from fruits such as berries, cherries, grapes, and pomegranates, as well as vegetables such as red cabbage and purple sweet potatoes.
Caramel: Caramel is widely used in desserts and processed meat products. Carbohydrates are exposed to high temperatures in a caramelization process that eventually creates a light amber liquid.
Beetroots: Beetroots contain pigments that produce a deep red color, which can be used to color various food items. They are often pressed, ground, and added to yogurt and other foods as a condiment.
Grapes and Grape Skins: Grapes contain anthocyanin pigments that give them their purple hue. These colours are commonly used to color sweets, yogurt, desserts, and jam.
Turmeric: Turmeric is commonly used as a seasoning agent in soups, curries, vegetable platters, mustard, and Cheddar cheese.
With the growing demand for natural and healthier food options, the use of natural food colours is becoming increasingly popular in the food industry. Arjuna Naturals’ food colours are designed to enhance the appearance of your food products and stimulate the appetite of your consumers, without the use of harmful synthetic ingredients. Their colours are made using 100% natural ingredients and are available in a wide range of vivid shades. We can also create custom formulas that are tailored to your specific requirements, allowing you to innovate with confidence.
The brand’s natural food colours come in liquid or free-flowing powder form and are completely safe to use. They do not affect the taste or quality of the food, but rather enrich it with the goodness of nature. With their range of natural food colours, you can create visually appealing and delicious food products that meet the growing demand for natural and healthy food options.
| 21, Oct 2022 | 4 minutes read
| 17, Mar 2023 | 4 minutes read
| 02, Mar 2023 | read
Get inspired by the new reads
The new study demonstrates lower dose of botanical blend provides quick pain relief. . Results of a third clinical study reveal that Arjuna Natural’s Rhuleave-K is also effective in pain relief at a dosage 50% that of the previous two studies. News Release in Nutraceutical Business Review https://www.nutraceuticalbusinessreview.com/news/article_page/Arjuna_reveals_new_study_illustrating_effects_of_botanical_blend/204307…Read More
4 minutes | Published on 21, Oct 2022
Arjuna Natural celebrated the 52nd National Safety Week Celebration in the lush green backdrop of Coimbatore Plant with flag hoisting and pledge taking activity. Edayar Plant had internal activities like poster contest, safety mock drills, Pledge taking, flag hoisting etc. Both the celebrations were focused on promoting safety at the workplace. The company always had ...…Read More
4 minutes | Published on 17, Mar 2023
Ashwagandha essential oil is derived from the roots of the ashwagandha plant, also known as Withania somnifera, which is a popular herb in Ayurvedic medicine. The essential oil has a woody, earthy scent and is often blended with other essential oils to enhance its benefits. It is believed to have a range of therapeutic benefits, ...…Read More
| Published on 02, Mar 2023
What are Natural Food Colours? Natural food colours are pigments derived from various plant, animal, or mineral sources that are used to enhance the appearance of food products. Natural food colours are considered safe and healthy, unlike synthetic food colours, which are chemically produced and may have negative health effects. Natural food colours are often ...…Read More
| Published on 02, Mar 2023
Join our community to innovate more with science & research
Let’s collaborate to refine your ideas or built from scratch
Arjuna Natural is India’s leading manufacturer and exporter of standardized botanical extracts for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries for more than two decades. Established in 1989, the company has grown...Read More